Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Factory Chic: Some Oldies but Goodies!

     Well, hello!  It has been a tiny while since I last posted (shame, shame).  Winter weather is upon us- getting outside for clothing portraits has been unusually difficult as I have worked the past few weekends and daylight has become harder and harder to come by! (Dark by 4:30??  C'mon!!)  However, to fill in the gaps, I decided that now would be the perfect time to share some old photos that I really love.  These photos were taken in Philly in an old button factory turned art studio and photography space. They are part of a fashion shoot that we did for the boutique I manage, Clothes in the Past Lane.  We had a fabulous time dressing up in different looks, posing for the pictures and braving the cold weather (this was back in February of this year).  
     The incredible lady behind the camera is Kate Callahan of Kate Callahan Photography and she did an absolutely lovely job with each and every one of them.  My favorite has got to be the fun primary colors in the dress below- available here at ModCloth.com (since my store has looooong since sold out) as the Feelin' Refreshed dress.  Super fun!


This has got to be my favorite photo- who doesn't love a good jumping pic?!?

All clothing provided by Clothes in the Past Lane, headband by forever 21, bangles are vintage

I love the soft, almost etheral touch that the flower crown gives this floral party dress.  It instantly transforms it from party girl to wood nymph, the perfect bohemian touch!



Dress by Clothes in the Past Lane, floral wreath from etsy.com, necklaces are vintage

This number is a little trickier to pull off- beaming straight from the late 60's in a bright and bold polyester blend, this dress was super fun to pose in, and even more fun to twirl in!



Dress and bracelet are vintage pieces from Clothes in the Past Lane

Seriously, if you want to look and feel gorgeous, Kate is your girl for photographs!  She is amazing!  This shoot was so much fun, and I am really glad that I got to reminisce with these photos tonight.  Do you have a favorite outfit?  I felt comfortably me in all 3, but the first one is probably my pick!  

I hope every one is doing well during this busy season.  I am looking to shake things up on my blog over the coming weeks, so stay tuned and hopefully I will stick to it!  This weekend I will be escaping to NYC to visit some friends (woohoo) and then I turn 25 next week (eeeek!) wow, a quarter century!  Times are busy and changing, which is good, it keeps things fresh and innovative, and that's exactly what I am looking for right now.  I am not a friend of stagnancy and am at my happiest when I am constantly learning, discovering, creating and trying new things.  Even simple things, like taking a new route to work, discovering a new neighborhood cafe, or riding the bus can shake up your "normal" routine, try it, you might be surprised at what doors those simple changes can open up! So until next time- enjoy, explore, discover!

xo, 
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. these are so much fun - these are such great photos and really capture your beauty and fun. that first dress is so pretty on you

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete