Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Rainbow Ombre and an Art Show!

Happy Monday!  Sorry I've been MIA for a little while.  My "Fun A Day" project got a little too busy, so I wasn't able to fit everything in last week.  The weather has been absolutely GORGEOUS lately.  We had near perfect temperatures all weekend (although just a little bit too cold to wear this rainbow outfit ALL day) and the sunshine was well needed.  This morning it's a little gloomy out there, but I am hoping it's just a phase ;)
Aaaa rainbow colors.  My favorite, of course.  I got these shorts from the shop I work at and had been looking for a way to style them- I figured I'd go ahead and extend the ombre look by pairing it with my Motel rainbow gradient tunic/mini dress.  I really like all of the ombre looks coming out now- especially rainbow ombre, it's such a fun take on my favorite fashion staple!

It was another busy weekend for Daniel and I- we stuffed a whole lot in!  It started with Friday night and my gallery show for my "Insect A Day" project (you'll see photos down below) then Saturday was lots of errands and Daniel's electrician's apprenticeship graduation dinner with his family, my parents, and a few friends, we went out for a drink afterwards with my friend Diana.  Then Sunday was a trip up to West Chester to go vintage shopping, and a stop back at my family's for chicken tortilla soup, salsa and guacamole, yum!  
Oh yea, and a few nice walks at the park, like this one.  Where we off the path a bit :)
Outfit Details: Tunic/mini dress: Motel, Modcloth.com, shorts: Clothes in the Past Lane, Headband, earrings and feather hair clip-in- Claire's, necklace: Kohl's, bracelet- Saks Thrift Avenue, shoes: Forever 21
This clutch has been sitting at the shop where I work, Clothes in the Past Lane staring at me for months.  I finally decided to take the plunge and buy it- it's perfect, and an authentic 60s piece!  It even still had the box with it!

My friend Sandra at the Gallery Opening Friday night!

My collection!  One insect a day for 30 days :0)  Although I did get a little bit behind and play catchup when I got that icky cold. shhhhh.

Goofin off with Allie in the Fun-A-Day "Foto Forest"

The hubby :)
My friend Steph (who did Dance A Day) and her mom Sandi (also my boss at work)!
My vintage finds in West Chester <3

I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your week and I will be sure to check back at your blogs soon, thanks for reading! :)  

xo, Alyssa

23 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Alyssa, your bug picture collection is just so impressive! I'm not even stretching the truth when I say that--I mean it! The colors are so bright and vibrant (as you are in that awesome rainbow outfit, hehe) and man, your work truly paid off. Congrats! :D

    I adore your pretty lady bug dress, too. You never fair to look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is that top! i am loving the colors and how they blend together. so pretty. also loving your ladybug dress. you are just too awesome. it looks fabulous on you. congratulations on your project. great job!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness the rainbow ombre is amazing! Just looking at your outfit makes me smile! I have been thinking about trying to ombre my own top but my creative to do list is always 5 miles long. Looks like you found some awesome vintage too :)
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    p.s. You can enter our giveaway to win a $75 Modcloth gift card here!
    http://flocktogetherstyle.blogspot.com/2013/05/giveaway-win-75-to-modcloth.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your recomment on my blog, MISS FLOWER!
    your rainbow outfit is so amazing and make me happier in this rainy day in poland! it's true- always after rain the rainbow is!
    i'm aneta & hope we'll be blogfriends :D

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello beautiful butterfly! I found your blog through Kim's: I appreciated your comment on her post so I stopped by >>> I love your colourful world, and you look so pretty and nice! I'm your newest follower via gfc and bloglovin by the way. Stop by whenever you like and share some love!
    xoxo
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook
    New post up! Fashion on tv - Hart of Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing rainbow outfit!
    Espcially lov ethe polkadots too
    Jen@madeinminch

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much color you bring in life love it! Shall we follow let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I LOVE this outfit. The shirt is my fav part about it :) So bright and cheery.
    And wow, you are so talented. What a great collection you made!

    ~Bristol
    http://colourmebristol.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering how your project turned out! Glad you showed some pics (and what a perfect fitting dress!!!!) Your rainbow ombre outfit is awesome too! Who wouldn't love such a happy look! Stunning!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rainbow dress is so cute and totally you. I love how you experiment with color. Always so pretty ♥

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those earrings in the last pic are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I can always count on your blog for super colorful, fun outfits! I love it! The rainbow ombre is so pretty and I love your second outfit in your wonderful lady bug dress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! The rainbow top looks great on you!!! And this red little dress is so cute too! Seems as if you had a very good time :)
    Happy Tuesday :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your sweet words on my last post, they brightened my day!
    You look lovely as always, I adore your cute ladybird dress and this pretty new/old bag. You just always get it right, don’t you?

    Hope you have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow dear this look is super colourful!
    thanks for the super nice comments on my latest post hon, I'm following you on bloglovin'!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The rainbow ombre piece is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen. Now I want to get one myself. What could be more perfect than rainbow?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do amazing things with color! And I adore that ladybug dress, too...I love ladybugs :)

    -Emma from little motley (international giveaway for 2 more days!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, I am drooling over that rainbow top!

    You're style is so gutsy-wish I was as daring :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh you are just too adorable!!!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe I missed this post - I've been so excited to see your collection! I really love the little species samples you have in the glass frames - so cute! they look like insect pinnings, I love it. and your ladybug outfit is too cute - and so are you and your husband :) awwww :)

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! That one bug a day sounds fun, maybe I should do some type of similar project when I get the time. Hope everything is well with you and it sounds like it is!

    XO,

    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  22. WoW! Your use of color is incredible! I love looking at your photos! Oh and the vintage pins are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete